It was just me and my boss chatting, everyone else had left for the day and I was grateful because I have some important things to discuss with him about the days events. When we had things settled, and I was holding my backpack in front of me blocking my view I started to walk. Knowing full well I am clumsy even when I can see where my feet are going. I had forgotten I placed a small box of power supplies near my desk.
You can just imaging.
I did manage to stay upright, and I didn't drop my backpack. I kicked the box with the top side of my foot, I am sure it will be bruised tomorrow. It was a slow trip I swear, my arms flailing, the box hardly moving, me trying to stay up. But in the end I only lost my cell phone (which flew about 5 feet from my pocket) and my dignity. My boss didn't laugh. I would have if I was him, I am sure it was humorous. I can't help but chuckle now when I think about it. The whole way home I was bright red.
How horrible.
Ugh. Next time I see him I am sure I'll blush again, how dorky can I be. Oh well, life goes on right?
Moving on.
I am a nerd. I spent a lot of money to get it, but I am very happy. I wore it to work Wednesday and everyone said it was a cool shirt. Mom is even jealous of me for having it. And I will wear it on opening night, because I am that dorky. Besides I have to support clumsy people like me.
What do you think? The back is a little odd, but I love it none-the-less. It is thin so I can wear it on hot days too. These are days I avoid Gus and Lacy so I don't have to pick hair off.
I have been super busy with homework and school. I didn't know it would be so time consuming this semester. And I really don't notice how long I work on it, time doesn't seem relevant to me anymore. It just counts down to when I start looking for a 'real' job and that is a scary thought. I have a big responsibility to look for something that deals with my degree that I will be happy working at for a long time. I can't be a lazy bum when I have my real job so I guess be busy all the time now it preparing me for it.
Tonight mom and I watched "Nights in Rodanthe".
This was the first movie I didn't try and solve the ending. It wasn't bad, and it made me really miss the ocean. I want to live in a huge beach house like that even if there are cans of food since 1995 (you wont get that unless you have seen it).
Well that is the report of my life till now. Sorry I don't post a lot, I hardly have time to turn my computer on anymore.
See you again soon!
3 comments:
I am so taking your jacket!!! You keep it under your pillow at night while you sleep??? Thanks for the movie and yes, I love that house, all the little hidden away places and the deck views and the sound and the crab and waves, for sure!!!! I even want the storm! Sorry for the trip, I have done that before and it hurts, so fun. I sure do luv ya baby girl!!!!!
Oh my goodness, that would be so embarrassing! I hate it when things like tripping happen in front of people. My problem is usually my shirts and dresses come unbuttoned by themselves! Talk about dying inside! That is really cool about the movie and the shirt. You had better wear it soon when I see you again!
Sorry that you are so busy. Just think, last semester and yes, that first big job is scary but then you will like it and it will be worth it!
What a funny story Ash! I would have laughed if I was your boss. I would not be able to contain myself. But I have always wondered why we laugh at someone's follies. It is really not funny but it is. Ya know what I mean? I sure hope that you didn't hurt yourself pride included! :) Love ya!
Post a Comment