Wow ... sorry I haven't updated. I hardly have time to think let alone blog like I want to. Ok so what has happened since last time?
We had a career fair and I stopped at a couple booths to visit. North Wind looks like a good place to work. They have an expanding GIS department. When I talked to the lady there she said their whole team was in Texas looking at the hurricane. How fun would that be? I stopped by twice hoping to meet with the manager, but he didn't show and I had to get back to work. INL is another place to look at. I stopped and got a paper from them as well. They said they are always looking for GIS workers.
My old computer was going out so I bought a new one.
Specs:
Intel 2.83GHz Quad Core
500GB Sata Hard Drive
4GB DDR2 Ram
2 Lite-on Dvd Burners
Pretty awesome. I figured I might as well go all out with this computer, I hang on to them for 6 years or so. It is nice, I can watch movies now and not worry it is going to freeze and erase my homework. I am still a little leery about it, but I will trust it more and more as the days go on. It only took me 3 hours to set everything up and get it running with all my old files. I have a 500gb external hard drive as well so I just moved everything on to it and hooked it up. I bought a new printer too. It is a 3-in-1, scanner, copier, and printer HP. The ink together costs $30. Really nice. I am happy to have a scanner again. I might upload some pictures I doodle during class.
Work is getting better, the whole laptop fiasco is over and things are settled for now. Can't wait until the end of the year hassle. I will be leaving during/before that so I won't worry too much. We just fired the girl who was going to take over my spot I don't know what they are going to do when I am gone. And I won't bother to come back and see how things are. I will wash my hands of it and walk away. The light at the end of the tunnel.
School was kicking my butt for a while there. I thought I failed my midterm for programming, but I just got the results today. I got a C on it. That is better than an F. He didn't give us enough class time to work on it and then when class really did start he waited 5 minutes and went home. I ended up calling him at 8:28pm to tell him I can't zip the programs and submit it to moodle because the computer I was at blocked that action. The test was over at 8:30pm. The submit button disappeared. So I called him once, no answer, twice, no answer, third time I left a message to find out he was hovering over the machine.
Come on.
When your students are taking a test, you ditch out early, and then don't answer the phone. Nice. I was a little peeved at that, but he told me I could email it to him so I ran over to the GIS center and zipped it there and emailed it to him. Two days later come to find out you can't email zipped files from your school email to gmail. I got an error message, so I emailed him again freaking out. He emailed me back Sunday and told me he will reopen the submission for me. I submitted it and the rest of my late homework and haven't looked at programming since. To top that wonderful time our internet was skittish and I couldn't check my email like I wanted to. Oh well. Things worked out in the end.
How have things been for you bloggers? Sorry for the flood of comments. I thought I better catch up while I have a second at work.
Hopefully I have more time in the future to schedule blogs in.
2 comments:
I must have missed the laptop thing. I have no idea what you are talking about. You will have to share sometime. I will be down this weekend. Fun huh! That sucks that they had to fire the girl taking your spot. Suck for them that is! :) SWEET!
I am glad that you have prospects for jobs. At least in IF you will be close to the INL if that works out for you. Too bad you can't get hired now and just commute and then you will have a job when you are done! :) That would be really cool. I hope it all works out and yet, I know it will. Does that make sense? I miss ya Ash!
Wow, those sound like great job opportunities! Apply, apply, apply! How fun for you, almost done! Sorry about the whole test thing. I hate school. I look at all of you who are going, and those memories are like haunting memories of horrible school life. That is just too funny about the teacher sitting over his answering machine like that. LOSER! AHHHHHH!
Anyways, cool computer. Travis will be jealous! Shh, we won't share!
Post a Comment