Monday, April 20, 2009

Superheroes at Work?

Sorry for the lack of updates. I am getting used to my new schedule. Ok, so I do have a funny story I heard from my instructor and you get the joys of my whole schedule.

Lets begin.

I am up in the morning at 4:30am. Yes, early. I have to be out the door by 5:40 and if I don't plan in my stand and stare at my tv time I will be late for work. I do have to have the tv going or I don't get ready at all. My computer HAS to stay off or I will be late, I know myself enough to keep from turning it on in the morning.
Spongebob is on when I get ready, that is about it. So I go to work singing "Oh who lives in a pineapple under the sea? ..." I get about 1 episode in.
I shower, eat breakfast, get dressed, pack a lunch, and head out the door. I have to wear work casual, so I usually wear green or tan pants and my church shoes. I have to wear a nice shirt, so no sweatshirt. Sad. It is freezing in our classroom.
We park about a block and a half from our actual building, due to the large amount of people working at once, and the immediate parking lot is used for the Ferrari's and Mercedes that come and visit every now and again.
5:50am I am waiting outside the classroom, people who are on time get a special prize each week, not sure what it is yet, but I want in on it so I am early.
6:03am our teacher lets us in the classroom. There are about 16 of us.
7:15ish we get our first break. It is usually 15 minutes long. We have to lock our computer, and go to the break room. We are not allowed to sit there for break.
7:30am more classwork. We watch overheads, learn how to use the programs, learn about the phones we are supposed to sell and the programs that go with them.
9:00am we get another break. We all march to the 4th floor again to sit in the break room.
9:15am we are back in the classroom learning more.
11:00am Lunch. We get 45 minutes on average, I have had around 30 to 60 so it depends on the class and how things are going.
11:45 we are standing outside the classroom again waiting, the teacher locks the door so we all get to visit in the hallway, oh how fun.
1:15pm, another break. Aren't we lucky with all the breaks? It is needed greatly though. There is so much reading and thinking it hurts sometimes.
2:30pm I am out the door and headed home.

The schedule isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I like waking up and going right to work then coming home and having the day to myself. It is really nice. I am not as tired as I thought I would be, I get to sleep between 9:30 and 10pm.

I get paid $9.50 for training and that will be bumped to $10.50 when I get on the floor. It isn't much, but it is something right?

Ok now for the funny story.

During the days we get to listen to calls made earlier that same day to see if they did a good job or not, that way we can learn from their mistakes or learn the way they went about getting the information. Well, our instructor said there was a call, they lost it a while back, that could have gone one of two ways, horrible or pleasant. It was done about 3 years ago I think. Anyway, the customer was irate over their bill and wanted to know why the amount was so high. He was cussing, blamming, and overall unpleasant. The representive didn't get a chance to speak most of the conversation, he tried several times but there was no room to talk.

Until the customer said "Who do you think you are?!" During the little pause the represenative said in a calm quiet voice,

"I am batman."

The customer found it hillarious and finished by saying "Ok batman, get in your batmobile, get out of your batcave and help me out here."

I busted up laughing, I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes, and for the rest of the day I was snickering over it. So now when there is a pause I just think of him and his little voice "I am batman."

Good times, good times.

That is about it for now. Till next time ^_^.

3 comments:

Kati said...

I AM batman!!!! I do love this story and I am so glad you shared it with everyone. So soon I hope to be there with you, sitting in a class learning the system. At least it will give me money to tuck away, some things are needed in this life. You are doing so well!!!!!

Malissa said...

Oh so funny. Is this for Direct TV? I had to do the same thing also when I worked there for 5 weeks. Then i got to quit! I hated the irrate calls. Those people suck. Sure hope you don't get any of those! :) I had one and I literally was in tears. Such fun memories. Is Tyson there also? How does he like? So fun to hear about your days! M

Ryann said...

That is so funny! Now I will think of that whenever there is a quiet moment! Too funny. Glad that work is going good and that the schedule isn't too bad. Thanks for the funny for me!