
Yup, you read it right. I quit my job today. It was the last day in training, and I was supposed to go on the floor tomorrow. I had Wednesdays and Saturdays off meaning I wouldn't have had a day off until Wednesday. I couldn't apply for a schedule change until the end of July and I didn't want to miss out on going to church on Sundays, so I quit.
I feel horrible for leaving my fellow workers there. I want them to be free, it almost feels like I have escaped Isle de Morte and I have left the priest behind. I called Pam today (a fellow worker) and I told her I quit. I was going to talk to Maria, but J.J. came out with us, so I just left it. I will text Pam and tell her she can give them my number. I am going to go apply at banks monday to see what I can do there.
Here is an example of the treatment we have there. My fellow employee is being blamed for something she didn't do. They claim she changed security information on an account without having the caller authenticate it. I told her to go through her note assist tool and see what she can do as far as covering herself, and there is no record of her changing the code on the account. They have no record of the call, no recording, nothing. So they are blaming her for it and have put her on a final warning. If she does one more thing she is fired. Well of course she tells me, she is worried what was going to happen to her, but beside me and another fellow employee and our supervisor no one else knows. One of the helpers in the area was standing next to my desk listening to my call proclaiming loudly that someone in the class was on a final notice and how dumb it is they are still in training and on a final notice. The girl who was being blamed for this got up after her call was over and went to the end computer so get away. I feel so bad, how horrible they blame her in the first place and then make fun of her to the entire floor. The helper didn't say a name, but she didn't have to to make the girl feel bad.
Anyway, I have potential jobs. One in Boise working as a GIS specialist. I really really really want this job, it starts at $18.25 an hour and goes up to $25.75 an hour starting. I would be redirecting routes for busses, tours, etc. I would look at the layout for the streets and see where Idaho can save money and what roads need to be fixed up. So I would basically keep an eye on the road system and see where the best places we can build and change. The other job is in Challis working at Thompson Creek Mining. Pam at work's son works there and she hand delivered my resume to him. I will apply online and see what I can do as far as getting that job. I don't know anything about the payments or what I would do there, but working in a mine. She said they have desk jobs.
Thats about it for now. I will keep you updated on the job seeking. I will be more adamant on it this time so it shouldn't take me that long to get another one, one I can be happy with.
3 comments:
Oh Ash! I really hope something comes up for you. Of course we are open and you can come anytime. We have already remapped out our house to accomodate! :) Keep praying and smiling. It WILL happen!
Good luck finding a job. It isn't easy these days in this economy. Chelsey (SIL) has been looking for two months and nothing. Sucks!
Ash, here is the sprint letter that I was telling you about.
http://utahtib.blogspot.com/2009/04/open-letter-to-sprint.html
It was pretty good. And now that you aren't there, I thought you may enjoy it. And stay tuned for the video. I had to laugh. It was pretty good. Don't you want a sprint contract now??
Post a Comment