Monday, August 24, 2009

Is that Mutiny I Hear?

I was doing so well for a while there writing, commenting, being a decent blogger, then it sorta drifted back to the way it was before (expect this time I am still commenting way to go Ashley!)

So here is a short recap of what happened since the last time I wrote:

I worked.

End of story.

Haha, there were a couple breaks where I went to Lagoon, but for the most part I did work. For being a part time cashier I work over 30 hours a week (more than one of the assistants). Bleh. I thought this store would be a better work environment, but it is just as bad of the old store. Although our district manager hasn’t had to come break up fights at ours … yet.

I get along with everyone, but the manager. She is just a mean resentful person and she finds pleasure in setting people up for failure. We have a running joke that if something isn’t done it is *Red’s fault. Only because our manager blames her for everything. Red finds it funny and jokes along with us.

I go through the weekly schedule and write down who I work with only because I don’t want to close with the big M, I love closing with *Shorty. She is a lot of fun and we get what we have to do done in a steady pace instead of rushing like I do when I am working with M.

I don’t work with *Boy because he is a cashier as well and we really shouldn’t be working together, but he is the bosses pet and therefore a snot. Imagine the teacher’s pet and you have him.

M is leaving at the end of this week with family problems so it will be Boy running the store.

Yes. The cashier is running the store, even though she has 2 assistant managers. Dumb we all know.

Anyway, getting away from crappy work.

Lagoon Trip 1:

I had to pleasure of going to Lagoon with most of the family. It was a lot of fun and I love going with a BIG group of kids. Holly was so happy to be back with Malissa’s kids again, she loves taking Tanner and Adam on rides. She said she missed that part of it when drama was going on. Next year we will plan to take drama with us on another day. No worries.

Lagoon Trip 2:

When we went to Lagoon the first trip Holly, Spencer, and I got our tickets validated for bounceback. Holly and I used the pass Friday. I got off work around 4 on Thursday and drove down to Utah to Days Inn in Clearfield. We stayed the night, after visiting Barns and Noble (I love books! I can’t help it). My eye had been acting up with allergies the day before and on Thursday it was swollen and red and gross. I was hoping it wouldn’t bother me, but boy howdy it had a different plan. We ended up driving to Walmart Neighborhood Mart … strange creepy green Walmart, in Layton at 11 to get eye drops and allergy pills.

We got up the next day, my eye almost swollen shut, but that wasn’t going to stop us from having a fun day in Lagoon! We got there around 10:30 and got into the park, even though the rides weren’t operating yet. We found a nice bench and waited. Dracula’s castle was the first ride, as usual.

It was a hot day, close to 100 degrees, and it was the last Friday the part was open for the season. So everyone and their brother were there, but that didn’t stop us. I loved the shows, they were so fun and upbeat and they played an All American Rejects song I love!

We partied till 11:00 and left when the park closed back to our hotel. My eye was raw from being gross and wet all day and me rubbing it, like your nose feels when you have a cold and rub it most of the day. So I got a wet towel and laid it on my eye while I read for a bit. Around midnight we turned out the lights. Neither of us could sleep with the noisy air conditioner, so I opened my eyes to turn it to a different setting and freaked out!

I thought I went blind in my left eye! (it was my right eye that was infected). I couldn’t see anything out of it, and I was freaking out, quietly of course. I put my hand in front of it and realized I could still see my fingers, it was just really dark. It took me a minute to remember my eyes adjust to the dark and light and since I had a towel over my infected eye it was already dilated and could therefore see really well in the dark where as the other was still adjusting.

It felt really weird, but was way awesome to experience. You should try it sometime.

We got up and got us some Rumbi Grill before leaving town for home.

Why is it that you get home quickly, but getting to where you are going takes forever? I tried to slow my car down, I didn’t want to be back. I had to work at 4.

My eye is doing a lot better today, I still can’t put makeup on it yet, but it isn’t swollen. It should be back to normal by next week, stinkin’ allergies!

4 comments:

Adamson said...

Totally hear yah with the fast drive home. I hate it. I always hate coming back to Pocatello though. I want to MOVE away!!!!

I am glad you had fun at Lagoon. I haven't been there since Junior High, same as Justin. We better not take him to Lagoon though. He may try to sneak "weed" again.J/K

Malissa said...

How fun that you all bounced back. I would love to live closer so that we could. I love staying in a Hotel with friends. WOW Ash. You and Holly sound like you had a great time.

Too bad about your eye though. I use Visine A when I feel it coming on. I saw a comercail that Claritin has a new drop out. The drops really help alot. I have days that I am not sure I could make it throuhg with out them. I even give them to Adam (who has inherited Alergies from me!) when his eyes get bad. It takes the itchy and red right away.

Also, I think it takes longer to get home than it does to get there. Maybe it is the aticipation of getting there that makes it seem long. I don't know. But, to me, it feel longer on the drive home. Especially from the coast! But I wouldn't trade it for anything! :) I love to go!

Ryann said...

Oh man, the eye sounds horrible! I'm so sorry about the eye. We all know me and I freak about those things and dwell on them, so I'm glad that you had fun with "The Eye!"

Malissa said...

Adam spent most of the day with Aftyn and she spent the day with her daddy. And since Adam can't ride the rides alone, he spent the day with his daddy also. The four of them ran off together and had a blast. I don't remember alot from the day either. Just that we all had so much fun and that drive home was a BEAST! (literally!) :)