Sunday, March 21, 2010

Ignore the Loud Sounds Coming from the Dryer.

This is a story involving my precious (or semi-precious) Christmas gift of 2 years ago.


And his adventures with formidable foes.

Yes both of them.

One night after a long week of solid work I decided my uniform was in desperate need of washing. I pulled everything out of my pockets, skipping the left leg pocket because I never use that one and the water was getting pretty deep I was afraid my pants would miss their special cold water soaking time. I threw them in and went about cleaning my room while I waited for it to finish so I could dry the load and move my darks to the dryer before going to sleep.

The washer was rather noisy, but I figured it was because I had my jeans in there and went about my night. I moved everything to the dyer at the appropriate time. When I started the dryer it was exceptionally noisy, like I had washed with rocks or something.
Finding the noise grating I closed the laundry room door and went about cleaning again. When everything was finished I pulled the clothes from the dryer and started on my darks, promptly taking myself to bed shortly after. I woke the next morning and got ready for work.

Two days later, yes I know ... I hate laundry ... I would rather wear it wrinkled than have to spend time folding it. I started f0lding my clothes. Deciding I needed some music to tackle this ominous task I looked for my ipod.
Strange ... it wasn't on my desk. I know I didn't leave it in my car. Hm ... last time I remember seeing it I had slipped it into ... my ... pocket. I turned all dramatic like, the world moving slowly and stepped forward the pile of clean clothes on my bed. Sitting in my work pants, innocent like, was my ipod.

Well after a week long process of attempting to dry it, prep it, and prepare to connect I have come to this:

R.I.P. iPod. I knew thee well.

So if any of you were wondering ... there is about an 89% chance of an iPod dying during a wash and dry session. Those other luck few that get it to still work are just lucky.

I'm not too heart broken over this, it was a gift from my previous boss (I think it was used before because it came with finger prints and scratches). It was nice while it lasted but I can always buy a new one. Besides I'm the one who misused it by washing and drying the poor little guy.

Here is his last photo after my home attemps at fixing him.


Poor iFrankenstein.

3 comments:

Malissa said...

I have to check my noises out. You never know what the boys left in thier pockets. I don't check them either. I can't tell you how many sticks of gum, bouncy balls, money usually coins), pokeman cards, and such we have washed. We started reminding the boys to check pockets before they put them in the hampers. Somedays it works, somedays it doesn't.

I did wash my car key one time, though. I freaked out when I found it all dried and smelling fresh. It is the one with auto door locks and all....yeah! It still worked. First thing I did was run outside and unlock the doors. I was relieved. Doesn't work as good as it once did, but hey, I am just glad it worked at all!

Ryann said...

Oh my word, I would DIE if that happened to mine. Seriously, it is my lifesaver (as bad as that sounds). I have washed Travis's wallet though and yeah, that wasn't too smart but it faired better than the iPod.

I do always worry about mine falling in the toilet when I am cleaning or the bucket when I am mopping. I hope that nightmare never comes true.

I guess it is time for a new one!

Malissa said...

Did you ever get a new one?? And why haven't you updated us on the life of Ashley? How is the job hunting going? Just curious.