Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apartment Shopping

Can you guess what I did all day today?

We called EVERY apartment listing in the paper that didn't say No Pets! I got through to about 1/2 of them, the other half I left messages. We visited two and set up appointments for another two.

The first little apartment was across from a cemetery, smelled like old socks and had the rudest land lady. She hardly spoke to us and when we had a question she snapped like we were criticizing her. I just wanted to know if she would fix the plug-in cover sheesh.

The second apartment we went through was a basement apartment, looked newish, was being cleaned at the time. The guy couldn't be there so he stayed on the phone with me while we walked through it.

Strange.
Other strange thing: He wanted to know people who know me to verify Gus didn't stink. O.o he wanted to know if he could talk to my sister or mom and ask them if he was stinky. Very strange. He said he will charge on the stinkiness of Gus. $10 being less stinky and $25 being really stinky.

It was just down the street from the place we picked.
Yup I found a place to live. Just have to put in the application and hope we get it. The guy said we can stop by tomorrow sometime and sign paperwork. It sounds like things are going to go through, we just have to wait till the current tenants move out.

Its a townhouse across from Westmark bank in Idaho Falls. It is about 2 miles from Sam's Club so I can drive or ride a bike to work (if I had a bike). I will be right down town, the mall about 5 minutes away from the house.
I am excited for the move. I will take pictures of the place as soon as we get the keys. I haven't been in the unit we are looking at renting, I was in number 6, we would be living in number 8.

I would show you the google picture of it, but for some reason it looks like the area hasn't been updated in a few years. I will give you the google image with my additions:



We would live in the orange unit on the far right side (hidden by the old apartments). They look like the yellow ones, but are townhouses, so no upstairs neighbors. There is no front yard, just parking lot, but there is a small backyard (all dead grass and shared with the neighbors). I should have taken a picture of it before we left today. Maybe next time I am by there I will snap a quick shot of the outside.

Anyway, that is whats going on in the world of Ashley. Enjoy

2 comments:

Malissa said...

Congrats Ash! I am so excited for you. I wondered where Gus was going to live and I am glad you get him. There is nothing like coming home to something furry and warm at the end of a long day. :) Miss you and can't wait to see your new home someday.

Ryann said...

Congrats on finding a place (and a cute one I might add). I can't believe that you are moving to IF. How cool! And to find a place that accepts pets, even cooler. So congrats and I hope to hear that you actually have the place! Ya hoo!!!