Sunday, February 13, 2011

When Life Gives You Bills You Get a Second Job

Yup, I now currently work two jobs ... thus the reason I hardly post here (hardly meaning never haha). I applied for the Idaho Falls Public Library around September thinking I would never work there. I have no experience, haven't lived in the city much, and it had been a few months since I heard from anyone.

Funny how things work. I got a call close to Christmas time asking if I would like to show up the following Monday for an interview. I called them back (having gotten the message during a break from Sam's), and left a message saying I would be there.

I showed up in black jeans and a nice shirt. I had to run from Sam's to there and I don't (or didn't) own any nice pants. They shook my hand and asked the typical questions "What will you bring for the company ... How do you work with others ... How many light fixtures do you think are in the building? ... etc." I was perfectly honest with them, not thinking it would go anywhere. They asked if I didn't finish my job for the night how would I feel. I told them pretty good if I got a big chunk of it done. I can always come back tomorrow and get the rest done. Lazy in my opinion, but honest.

They called back the very next day and offered me the job. I was in shock really. Now I work at the library in the morning, and Sam's at night having one day off every month and a half, and it being on a Sunday (it's my day off today yay!). Having two jobs is hard, I can work 14 hour days if I have to close on a Saturday at Sam's, but we have to do hard things in life sometimes.

I have read several books since starting there, some of which were very dumb, and couple not so bad ones. Anna and the French Kiss is a good one, YA about a girl who spends her senior year of high school in an American school in the middle of France. The author is a budding artist and I found her book a quick easy read, and very light and entertaining.

When I do get days off (being Sundays) and I can't really get out and shop I find myself wandering my apartment, exploring. Here are some friendly faces:


Don't get the washer, plug in, and picture? They look like faces to me ... Happy, surprised, and crazy. Yup ... that's what I do with my free time :p

2 comments:

Malissa said...

What free time? Two jobs and a day off every one and a half months? That is one busy schedule. Good to hear from you and I like your little buddies. Although I thought you were going to put Gus up there! I am glad you are enjoying your new place and life in IF. And if I ever get a breather, I am up for a good read.
And seriously, thanks again for your help the other night. I really do appreciate it! :)

Ryann said...

Um yeah, wow you are busy! How the heck do you do it? I couldn't imagine doing what you are doing but you are doing a great job at it. Maybe it is because I am old now and just the thought of what you do wears me out?

Good luck and I'm glad to see that you are enjoying your time there. Hopefully I can make it to IF soon and you will maybe, just maybe have time to squeeze me in!