Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Apartment

I promised some of you I would post pictures of my new apartment, but I haven't gotten around to it. I am sorry I will work on this.

I moved back to Pocatello, in case some of you didn't know. I got a job at Allstate and am working the Roadside Assistance. It is so nice having just the one job. I was exhausted all the time, no energy to do anything outside work. I would crawl from one job to the next, home to sleep, and back again.

I didn't realize how that was wearing on me until I moved back here. I am much happier now.

The new apartment has some ... interesting quirks to it. The first month I lived here I was sick, I am not sure if it was me getting used to the flora here or what, but my allergies and a cold lasted what felt like a life time. I had my humidifier running the first three nights. The last night I felt something fall on my forehead ... then my arm ... when I turned the light on my ceiling was dripping like the inside of a cave. Turns out I have to vents from my apartment to the outside, so if I shower or run hot water the steam sits in the apartment circling.

Now that isn't the bad part ... when I looked harder the ceiling was dripping yellow slime. The walls looked like someone had bled all over them and it was running down. Clearly the person before me smoked. So I spent the next week scrubbing the walls.

My fridge was born in 1940 and hasn't moved. I have the little flap for a freezer, which doesn't freeze. And you have to pull the handle down to open it, yes it is that old.

The nice things: I live in a basement apartment so the temperature is always cool, very nice in 100 degree weather. I also have big windows. Lots of light. My doorway is concealed so I don't have to worry about strangers finding my apartment, you can't see the door from the street. My neighbors are quiet, even if they have strange habits. Their strange habits have lead to me making friends at the bath and body works store. Speaking of which I need to stop by there again and get more air fresheners.

Gus is happy to be living here. He runs the place like its his own, there is a door that leads to the community basement and he thinks it needs to be open all the time. I have only opened it twice since I've lived here. I put a book shelf in front of the door and it's like the thing has disappeared. Funny how their brains work.

This is all I have for now. I will add pictures of the apartment, when I have a chance to make it presentable. Look forward to more posts.

-Ashley

No comments: