Friday, June 26, 2009

You know you love me XOXO

I have a guilty pleasure. I started and finished season 1 and season 2 of Gossip Girl in one week. I am not sure where the idea came from, but I decided one day I wanted to watch it. I watched the pilot and was instantly hooked. It was a glorified soap opera with good looking actors.

Here is a short synopsis:
“Want to know a secret? A really juicy secret? Look no further than the latest message from Manhattan's notorious blogger Gossip Girl. She keeps tabs on the city's most elite teens as they make the rounds from the preppiest school events to the most lavish, decadent parties. And between Serena and Blair's explosive friendship, Dan and Serena's budding romance, Nate and Blair's fairytale relationship (or is it?), Chuck's escapades and Jenny's introduction to the glamorous life, there's a lot to track!”

These are the main characters in the series:

Characters left to right: Rufus Humphrey, Chuck Bass, Blair Waldorf, Nate Archibald, Jenny Humphrey, Lily van der Woodsen, Serena van der Woodsen, Dan Humphrey, and Vanessa Abrams.

These are the characters followed from the first episode to the last:


Characters left to right: Nate Archibald, Serena van der Woodsen, Chuck Bass, Blair Waldorf, Dan Humphrey and Jenny Humphrey.

Rufus is Dan and Jenny's father. Lily is Serena's mom. Relationships amongst the characters are twisted and backwards from some becoming siblings to sharing a sibling and not knowing it, but I won't spoil the surprises for you.

One lesson I have learned from this series is that nothing is secret. If you tell someone something in secret it will come out, at several parts characters use specific names such as "So-and-so told me you ___!" ... no secrets.

My favorite quote:
"Three words. Eight letters. Say them and I'm yours."

Favorite song: Sum 41 - With me

Season 3 starts in September and I can guarantee I will be watching it.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Hmm, I might have to rent that one. I am into series right now. I don't know why, but I am, so that would be a fun one to watch.

Malissa said...

I havne't see this one. I may have to add it to my Netflix list. Who knows, I may get into it also! I do like a good Gossip! :)