Saturday, September 12, 2009

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”

So there are some scary things happening at work. $100 is missing from the deposit last month and there is talk of firing someone because of it.

Remember when I wrote that my boss was gone for a week or so? Well, while she was gone everyone was written up for doing something wrong. Our district manager snuck in the store and managed to get out the front door with 4 shopping carts and a U-boat before someone noticed her. She took them out one by one and slowly too.

Another was written up for sitting on the counter ... for 5 hours.

Another was written up for having $100 missing from her till.

I was the only one not written up. I did get a verbal, but that was both my and my assistant managers fault. We didn't check the receipt of a former employee for the price she bought her item for. I gave her back $15 too much, she returned the extra money and I was given a verbal lashing over it, but no write up.

So ...

Since we may be losing one of our workers, over the missing $100, I might be getting a promotion to assistant manager. I am not sure I really want to. I like not being in charge of the scary stuff in the store. I like just hanging back and chilling as a cashier. I will be working 40 hours a week, and have a chance to get a raise.

I look at it as growth and experience, even if I am dragging my feet into it. There is a possible chance I may even be offered a store to manage. After I gain experience that is.

Just wanted to share the might-happen news. Nothing has happened yet, but my manager said she would pick me over a promotion than my fellow cashier (who might I add has been working there longer).

We will see, I just hope they don't fire her before the whole Christmas season ... I don't know how we will do it with only 4 people running the store. No breaks for me I guess. Busy Ashley.

And on a side note: This cat Maru is the cutest thing alive - His Blog Site
Here is a video: In the Life of Maru

2 comments:

RyannLoftus said...

Wow, that is a lot of writing up for a day. Heck, a lot of writing up for a month! Sounds like a lot of stuff has been happening at work. I'm sorry about it all but that is good news for you-to move up in the work force. It is always a scary thought, but really good experience and you will do AWESOME with it!

Keep us informed on what happens and I'm glad that all is going good.

Malissa said...

WOW! I am not sure how I would feel either. It sounds like Lynnette is working with you! :) I was always under pressure with her around.

I sure it all goes well and that if you do get the promotion, that you really want it. I will be worth gaining the knowledge but scary times at your job! Keep us up to date. We are all curious!