Thursday, October 1, 2009

Turning Things Around

Ok, so I stopped by the store Tuesday afternoon, late afternoon, to see how things with with the big boss.

He hadn't shown up yet. So I was on the lookout for him while I was there checking on my schedule. I didn't want him to see me not on the clock standing in the cashier's area. Haha red mark on my status right? I managed to make it out on time though, so no worries.

I did get my hair colored, but it is salon styled right now, so no pictures till I can get my hands on it. ^_^

My boss let me come in late today for it, she said I am her best employee because I didn't get written up when big boss came in. Apparently he came in right before close and was furious that my boss had gone home early. So since he was in a bad mood to start he didn't like anything about the store. We have to work our tails off now getting things set to code. We had things too high, end-caps not set properly, displays wrong, things in the windows we shouldn't have, and let's not even go to the backroom.

I came in Wednesday to a crying boss, I just stood there thinking, and ... you want me to do what about it? I have been working here 2 months, I have very little to do with the state of the store. I feel a little bad, but come on. She went home early the day the big boss was supposed to come in. I can only give out so much sympathy to someone who knew what was going to happen.

I worked Wednesday, and today, and that is it for this week. I don't work again till Monday, maybe. I will have to stop by Saturday and get my new schedule so I can see how things are going. My boss can't take a day off, or leave early till everything it set in its place and like big boss wants them to be. She hasn't been pleasant.

Oh well ... it couldn't be called Family Dollar without the drama right?

3 comments:

Malissa said...

Drama drama drama! That is what I think about the the place I work too! It is kinda funny.

Glad you got your hair done. Can't wait to see it! Have a great weekend. A nice long one it looks like! So jelous of you! :)

Ryann said...

Ha ha ha, love the family drama part! I'm sorry about work. Why is working so much drama? Have you ever watched "The Office?" Seriously, that is so what it was like when I was working. More drama and less work.

And I agree, enjoy your nice weekend!

Kati said...

I love all your drama!!! At least you have a daily soap to stay up on, makes time interesting! I love ya smash and your music is fun on your page!!