My last post was before Thanksgiving. Wow. A lot has happened since then, most of it I have forgotten though haha so you get the condensed version.
Thanksgiving: Went ok. Nothing to spectacular, we ate we talked. The usual.
Kannon's birth: I was so excited to see the little guy. Too bad the sickies are bad this year or I would be over there more often, working with the public makes you sick more often. I can't believe he was 9lbs! Way to go sis! Grats to the whole fam, the little guy is just adorable.
Christmas: I had to work Christmas Eve so I really didn't feel like it was Christmas. It came and went and I hardly had time to blink.
New Years Eve: My boss was transferred. Yup you read that right. That is the story we are to tell our customers. She was transferred to another store and that's it, we aren't to tell them she demoted. I showed up to work and she was gone. That fast. I guess it was over her being stubborn and not doing what they told her for the last 5 years. Since she has left things have looked much better in the store. Very clean, very organized. I have gotten lots of compliments.
With her gone I am working every morning till about 5pm but I never get out of there till about 6. I had 50.6 hours last week and this week I have 37.9. At least my paychecks will look good. I am afraid they are going to just move me to manager and never tell me. They have a history of doing that. I don't want to be manager. I want to move on to bigger, better things. I guess we sit back and see.
On the upside I now have regular customers who come to see me. They know I work in the mornings and stop by to say hi. It is nice to have 'regulars' makes you smile when you see them coming in.
Anyway, that sums up my life. Hope you enjoyed! I will try and post the cool new things happening just after they happen so I don't forget haha. I will get better at this. ^_^
2 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Late Christmas to you! Glad your holidays were like mine this year. Over and done with! :)
WOW-Can't believe the boss is gone. Manager can be fun for a while. I liked mine job. Just hated the fact that I had to work with Lynnette! :) And kudo's to you for the returning customers. That is good business, my dear! Good business indead! :)
And working with the publics germs really stinks. I hate being sick but it happens to everyone. Yuck! Love ya, Ash!
Wow, I can't believe it all with work! Holy cow. Sounds like it is keeping you WAY busy anymore. No time for anything but work (why/how does this happen?). You are doing a great job and I can't imagine doing all of that.
Oh and yeah, I hate the sickies. I hate them since Aftyn is in school but such is life I guess.
Glad that all is well and I was so happy to hear an update from you!
Post a Comment