Saturday, July 10, 2010

Advetures in life

Well ... a lot has happened since last I wrote. I will give you the watered down version of the whole thing since it is quite a bit.

Monday I worked in the Idaho Falls Family Dollar, (they fired everyone in one of them because they were stealing). While there the manager told me my boss didn't want to keep me to the end of the week, and she wondered why that was since I did such a good job in her store. I unloaded ALL chemical alone in 2 hours, that's pretty impressive.

I just stood there shocked. I shouldn't have, I knew my boss sucked. The manager told me I should transfer to another store, get away, since I wasn't wanted at mine. I told her I would take care of it and the second I clocked out I called the DM and told her I was done dealing with my boss and was putting in my two weeks.

YAY!!

She wanted to know what happened, so i explained and said I have another interview and I am done working for that woman anymore. She said she understands and left it at that.

Another interview you ask? Yes I had an interview for Sam's Club in Idaho Falls the next morning, which made me driving there very convenient. I stayed the night with Amanda and the next day she had to be to work 30 minutes before I was scheduled to be there, so I was just super early. At least I got to walk around and check things out.

I was first interviewed with a floor assistant manager, then the zone manager, and a second interview with the zone manager, and finally and interview with the store assistant manager! They said they loved my personality and could see me moving into assistant management quickly. Normally it takes 6 months of working there, but they said they have seen it happen a lot faster, and in my case it might just happen.

YAY!! I'm pretty impressed with myself.

They are hiring me for a part time cashier right now, but I am getting paid more than I was as an assistant manager at the FD. Funny how that works.

I had to work at the FD Thursday. I like working when I have nothing to lose. I don't feel guilty I didn't get every single thing done on my list of things to do. Especially when I was left ALONE for 2 1/2 hours because the manager didnt want to come back and cover a call-in's shift. The old/new cashier texted me she was sick and told me she was afraid to call the manager because she would kill her.

When the manager finally came back I insisted I get a lunch, I was going to be working over 6 hours so I was supposed to have one. I wasn't hungry, just wanted a break from the store. I didn't want to work there anymore.

She threw a fit so I called the DM, on the first ring my manager got really mad and said she would get in a till so I hung up. The DM called back right away wondering what happened. My manager told her everything was fine and I was just wondering if I should take a lunch. All in a sickingly sweet voice. I asked for the phone. She didn't give it to me. So I clocked out and waited till my manager was off the phone before calling the DM myself to tell her what happened.

She wasn't too happy with the manager. I got an ice cream and sat in a parking lot a bit aways for the 30 minutes I was given. When I got back not a word was spoken between us. We counted out of our tills, and went home. I am scheduled 2 days next week I hope I don't have to work. I am waiting for the phone call with my new schedule at Sam's.

I will be moving to Idaho Falls, but I will visit often. You should come visit me lots of fun places to eat and shop ^_^. I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Ryann said...

Wow! What a lot of work stuff to happen. I can't believe it all. I was stunned when I read it on Facebook but now that I have time to finally read the whole story, I am speechless. I can't believe that a company can keep some awful people around-like your manager. I mean seriously?

But that is cool that you have a job at Sam's. A great store and to be able to move quickly, that is even more cool! And you better bet that I will be up there to eat and shop and visit! Good luck, have fun, and I can't wait for an update.