You guys should know I am addicted to books. Every time I go to Idaho Falls I always spend hours in Barns N Nobel and I never return home empty handed. Dad joked that when we were moving there were tons of little boxes titled Ashley's Books.
Anyway, since Tyson got home I have tried to get him to read some of my favorites. But of course he feels he doesn't have time for this so I end up reading out loud, kinda force feed him in a way.
We've read The Giver (really good book if you didn't have to read it in school you should check it out sometime), and we just started Inkheart. The movie is coming out and I hate watching a movie before reading the book it goes with. I want Tyson to read the book with me so he can be like "That didn't happen that way in the book!" with me.
Click the book to see some book specs on Amazon, and click the trailer link to see the movie preview.
So since I haven't read this book for a while I have forgotten the detail the author put into her writing. One line in particular caught my attention and made me pause.
Here Mo and Meggie are packing for a trip and she starts by quoting something he had told her previously,
"If you take a book with you on a journey," Mo has said when he put the first one in her box, "an odd thing happens: The book begins collecting your memories. And forever after you have only to open that book to be back where you first read it. It will all come into your mind with the very first words: the sights you saw in that place, what it smelled like, the ice cream you ate while you were reading it... yes, books are like flypaper-memories cling to the printed page better than anything else."
With that thought, take the book and start a new adventure, let it trap your memories so you can cherish them later.

2 comments:
OOOHHH How I love to read. I love everything about books. Matter of fact, I read a book all day Saturday and finished by 10:00. I was really bummed. I totally missed the ice-cream social at church! :) Only my books wasn't as good as yours. I am ashamed to tell you what I was reading. But it was a fun read. There is a movie coming out on it and I wasn't going to see it but now.....
I always like to see the show and then read the book. I can't stand it the other way around. It depresses me that HW ruins the book on the big screen. But if you haven't read the book, then you don't know what you are missing. Make any sense?
I am glad you love to read also. It is a whole other world. I get lost and sometimes have a hard time coming back to reality. I may have to read Inkheart. I saw the preview when we went to watch Bedtime Stories and I thought it looked really good. Plus having Brendan Fraser helps! :)
Anyway, looking forward to seeing you this weekend. I am pumped!
I too like to read but I never seem to have time. Bummer for me. And when I do have time, I fall asleep in seconds. Bigger bummer. Anyways, I will have to check that out and see if it is something that Travis would be interested in. We all know that he LOVES to read but now that school is in, who knows when he will have the time.
Post a Comment