Thursday, January 29, 2009

The update you were all waiting for

Haha, right. I'm sure you all forgot, so let me send you somewhere to jog your memory ("but not too hard" haha guess the movie!).

Click here to remember --> HERE

Ok, now that you are all caught up lets get going with the post.

I had a dentist appointment on the 20th (I know I waited so long to post. I will get better.) I went in at 9:00 AM (but I am always late so I got there around 9:12 or so haha) and signed in. I was alone in the office so I chose to sit on the side with a tv. Obama's inauguration was on. I sat there and watched 30 minutes of it before my hygensit showed up and esocorted me to the only empty room. It was a full morning. The inaugaration was on in that room as well. She sat me down, put my pink bib on and left. So I watched a bit more tv.

Boring boring boring.

About 10 minutes later she came back and cleaned my teeth. She told me I had calcite buildup on my back teeth and showed me a way to brush to stop that from happening. She said the dentist would be in shortly, he was doing a bridge in and didn't want to come check my teeth in the middle of it. I told her I was ok to sit and watch tv, she said ok and left. I think I sat in the chair for around 45 minutes waiting. But I wasn't too upset. I didn't have anywhere to go and I had comepletely forgotten the inaugaration was that day so I was ok to sit and watch. The hygenist came in at one point and watched a little with me. She said there was only one patient who didn't want it to be on, but otherwise every tv in the place had it going.

Eric came in and quickly checked my teeth. I was crossing my fingers hoping all that hard work flossing and rinsing had paid off.

Dentist: Looks good. (gets ready to leave)
Me: Really? Even the soft spot?
Dentist: Yeah, it is still a stain, but not at a high risk. There is always potential for a cavity there.
Me: Ok, thanks.

I got my things and he walked me out. So there you have it. I am cavity free, with the potential of always getting a cavity. But all my teeth have that risk. So it will be a life long struggle. Go figure haha I never had to worry about cavities. Now I have joined the normal people.


Side note: I am going to add a playlist and update my book section while I am sitting here. So feel free to check them out later.

2 comments:

Ryann said...

Man, that is great that you have no cavities. I so wish that was me! of course, this last time I didn't have any, but the time before that, I had FOUR! Hmm, four again. It must be MY number! Ha ha ha! Anyways, how fun and I can't believe how long it took. At least there was something on TV.

Malissa said...

I too watched the inaguration. Not sure why but I did. So glad that you didn't have any cavaties. I wish that was me. I always seem to have one. Or atleast, that was when I was going to see Bringhurst. Now I don't have any. I wonder why?!?