Ok, so work isn't too bad. I had one really bad day learning how to use the register from 'Stinkbug*'. She didn't have a lot of patience with me and I had no idea what I was doing. At the end of the day she had me running after her to close complaining I wasn't paying attention to her. She was upset that I didn't have time to finish mopping the last two isles.
I haven't worked with her since. Not sure if it was her request of that is just how things landed but eh no hard feelings on my end.
I like closing with 'Spaz**'. She is very energetic and happy to be working with me. We got the whole store cleaned and ready to close by 8:45 so we had 15 minutes to hang out. I was even allowed to stand in the box O.o
Strange things about FD: You cannot stand at the register. If a customer is standing at the counter you are allowed to be there but only if you are actively checking them out. Otherwise you are kicked out of the box and told to wander the store and clean things. So if you ever go and think "Why is no one ever here this is annoying." that is why. We aren't allowed to be there. Dumb I know. Even if the clothes and shoes are organized I still have to wander around looking busy.
When I went into my interview I was told to wear tan pants and a nice shirt, nothing low cut. So I said ok and went on my merry way. The last week and a half I have been wearing my fun summery shirts. Everyone else is wearing black. I write it off as they just liked to wear black and move on. Day before yesterday 'Boss***' comes up to me and says "You should try and start wearing black ... it is the dress code." I was like ... really? I wasn't told this, but oh well. So I bought a couple new black shirts. I only owned one ... how strange is that? I thought I had more.
So I get to work today and tomorrow, 5 hours tomorrow being the longest I will have worked since I started. I'm sure next week will be the same, short afternoon hours. It is kinda nice to be working part time really. I can goof in the morning, work in the afternoon, and come home with time to spare.
We close an hour later today for the 4th sales, so I will be there till 9:00.
*Stinkbug will be the nickname I use for the mean woman I work with. She hasn't liked me since day one ... I didn't even talk to her, I have no idea what her problem is.
**Spaz will be the nickname of the girl I like closing with.
***Boss is the name of my store boss. Big Boss is the name of her boss.
Stranger will be the name of the girl I am never scheduled with. I really don't know her beside the fact she talks to the products in the store and is kinda airy. We shelved for a while together but that is all the interaction I had with her since I started.
2 comments:
I am totally laughing at this! Now I know why there is no one at the front when I need to check out. That is so funny! I always wondered about this and now I know. Thanks for sharing this little bit of info with me!
I'm glad that all is well. Hopefully you won't have that freaky girl much longer with you. We can always hope, right?
I'm glad that you are enjoying your job. It is hard being the new girl in town--so ta speak!
We love the dollar stores. So much to find for such a small amount of money. Glad you have a job in all of the economy mess right now. Just hope you don't have to work with the cranky girl. Those people make working not fun at all.
PS-Neil Patrick Harris is in HOw I met your mother and he was also Doogie Howser MD. That sitcom was way before your time. He is cute but gay in real life! I will have to finish the clip one of these day. It was cute! :)
Post a Comment