Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So my car is a little crooked ... whats wrong with that?

It all started at Heathers house ... or on the way there. Apparently there was a lonely screw in the road that felt it needed a friend in the shape of my rear passenger tire. They became bonded quite quickly and my tire felt the need to let go of its previous friend, air.

We had dinner at Heathers house Sunday and when Ty and I got back to my car the tire was flat. So we sat down in the crusty sidewalk grass and changed it out for the donut.

No worries right?

The next morning, as I prepared to take it to Les Schwab my donut was flat. So Ty called his girlfriend to come pick me and the tire up and we drove to Les Schwab to have them fix it without the car. They did so in record time, 15 minutes, and we were out the door to replace it.

In all the whole operation took 45 minutes, I am a pro at changing tires because of my friends and their flats in Idaho Falls, but I wasn't sure if I got the bolts on there tight enough, and I wasn't going to be very happy if the tire flew off while I was on the interstate so I stopped by Les Schwab during my lunch break to make sure it was right.

I waited about 10 minutes and the guy pulled me out into the garage area to show me my front tires were at the end of their life due to a bad front end alignment. He said I need it fixed as soon as possible, my tires are in bad shape.

I guess the screw was there to show me I needed to get that done before any major trips, but why oh why does it have to cost so much?

On another note, my boss is gone this week for family and work has never been better. Yeah we have to unload truck by ourselves, but we are getting it and finding it less stressful.

3 comments:

Geologycowgirl said...

My car made friends with a nail as well. The thing was that it wasn't going flat extremely fast so I was lucky when I pulled into Big O that the mechanic that was helping me saw the nail and was able to fix it.

Ryann said...

Oh man, it is true, when it rains it pours! I am SO sorry about the tires. I hate that cars cost so much, yet, we need them to get to work, school, etc. At least the one happy thing is your boss being gone. Now that is HAPPY no matter what!

Malissa said...

Flat tires are the pits! So glad you were able to get it fixed but it's too bad you had to replace. I remember the first set of tires I ever bought. It cost me around 180.00 and they were top notch tires. You can't find that anymore. You want top notch, you pay big time! I wish there wasn't such a thing as inflation! It really sucks. And thank goodness for great friends that have many flat tires. You fixed that thing fast. What a pro! I need you around when mine goes flat! :)