Ok so I have a funny story from work today. I am going through the old filing cabinets in the back putting really old files in boxes to go into storage downstairs till the bosses decide what to do with them. I picked a rather large box so when it was full of papers it weighed around 100lbs. Really heavy. I was picturing myself pushing it down the stairs trying to see how I could do it alone (since NONE of the guys down there were willing to help) when in walks Patrick.
Patrick is the new guy, he just turned 18, is still trying to get on our good side, and very willing to help me carry this box downstairs.
He puts his things down and lifts the box and carries it all by himself. I watched him walk away, very grateful for his help. About five minutes after he left I began to wonder if he forgot he got water and left it upstairs. I look around for him and don't see any sign that he was going to return, so I go back to cleaning up thinking that I will carry that down for him when I am done when I hear all this laughing upfront. I wander up there only to find Patrick in the center of it.
He pointed a finger at me and said with a smile 'I am not going to carry any boxes for you.'
I asked him if he made it alright. He replied 'I did ... but my pants didn't' and turned around. His whole bum was covered in scotch tape. The poor kid ripped the seat out of his pants. He said he went to put the box on a table down there but the table was breaking so he had to catch the box and split his pants in the process. Lol. He was laughing so hard when he went back downstairs.
I felt bad but couldn't help laughing as well. Good times at work.
4 comments:
Boys will wear their pants to the very last straw for them. How funny that his pants ripped right when he gets to work. Poor kid.
That is so funny! I can't stop laughing about that Ashley. And taping them? That is the best!
I remember being hugh pregnant with Tanner and it was so hot that day. (Chuck is going to kill me for this! :)) I had just gotten home from work and got settled in front of the air conditioner when my husband called and asked if I could bring him a new pair of pants. He had split his also. I was kinda grumpy about it but I did it. My car didn't have A/C after all. (Mind you, this was in the middle of July and it was really hot that year!) When I got there, he sheepishly told me that the staples he had the guys put in to close the hole, were not helping. That was why he needede the new pair. He was going to work all night long if the staples would have held. What are guys thinking?
Great story. This is probably the only reason I like work. I like to meet new people and hear about funny things. Thanks for the laugh and the memory!
That is too funny!!! I sure do miss you guys at the office. Good ol' Patrick and hooray for the tape!!!
Post a Comment