There isn’t a whole lot to my days anymore. I feel bad for not blogging a lot but … well I’m just me … and I don’t think I do a whole lot of funny things. So you get this post. Ha. Suffer. >_<
Over the past week or so I have slowly taken over my mom’s job. With her broken arm I was kinda thrown into it last Monday, but that is ok, I knew enough to get through the day. Between the three of us at work I think we can equal one mom. ^_^
(mom’s awesomeness = Me, Randy, and Alex … epic failure … sad it takes three people to make up for her)
But I am only there till January, and then the new girl will take over. I think it is going to be a circus, at least I have the awesomeness genes in me, with me gone there will be nothing. But no worries to me, I don’t feel obligated to keep them afloat. I am kinda amused. We will see how it plays out.
Anyway, my day plays out kinda like this:
9:00AM – walk through the door and open shop (yes I like to cut it close, I live on the wildside … haha and the clock in machine is 3 minutes off so the bosses think I am early ::sneaky:: ) and starting here I am on phone duty because no one else believes in talking to customers – dorks.
9:00-10:00AM – check webpages and email (my favorite pages and my billion emails one of which is work related)
10:00-11:00AM – the mailman comes in at some point in this hour block so I just goof on the internet till he shows up.
11:00-12:00PM – do payments and billing
12:00-1:00PM – cover for people running around for lunch (I bring lunch so I can work through it … yay more money!)
1:00-3:00PM – a mix of three things, depends on what is going on. A)RMA’s (I struggle to understand the many accents out there … I might get better at this, can’t promise anything though) B) Shipping, or C)Inventory stuff, such as accepting packages, or making sure I have things on the order list. Off and on I check my webpages to see if they updated … you never know when someone might post artwork at deviantart
3:00-5:00PM – Chatting with Randy (arguing about how he never works is more like it :p) checking machines in, and talking to Alex about software problems we can solve
5:00-6:00PM – this hour is spent lounging. Everyone in the office gets together in our little are and talks about how we never get any work done an hour before close because we just want to go home. You know how it goes. But the whole time I am still answering phones. Bleh.
6:00-6:30PM – I am technically off work but I have to drop the mail at the post office so we can get some money.
And that is my day in a nutshell. Pretty boring isn’t it? Ah … oh well. I am sure I will have more to write about when I am in school. We have 13 days left. Mom and I have mixed views of school. She is excited and I am the complete opposite. But then again I have been going since I was 5. Things will be different when I am done.
Well … I am off. Enjoy reading.
3 comments:
Hey that is a long time to be in school! :) I did get your email and I forwarded it to work and it never made it. Nice huh. I will email you back. I hope all is good in your neck of the woods! Sounds like you have a day full at work. I should write what I do but then nobody would get it! :) Take care!
Trust me, replacing me, not so hard. We could make a ,Mastercard commercial and it would work, I am no priceless. ^_^ You are going to do great!!!!! Keep working for January and then the real party begins!!!!!
Man, full day at work for you woman! I bet you will be glad when December rolls around!
Post a Comment